|Work SmartER. Play HardER. Live BettER.
University of Maryland's Department of Emergency Medicine is currently recruiting for BE/BC emergency medicine physicians interested or experienced in an academic career to join our Academic Department and work clinically at one our five locations in the heart of downtown Baltimore. These academic positions include bedside teaching of residents and medical students.
We operate the emergency departments at five hospitals in the heart of downtown Baltimore:
• University of Maryland Medical Center
• Mercy Medical Center
• Baltimore VA
• Bon Secours Hospital
• University of Maryland Midtown campus
Serving a diverse urban population, our physicians provide the highest level of care in state-of-the-art facilities.
Our emergency medicine physicians are faculty members of the University of Maryland School of Medicine, one of the most prominent medical schools in the nation. Physicians with an academic focus will appreciate the variety of opportunities available to them through the medical school – from clinical research initiatives to lecture opportunities and bedside teaching of residents and medical students.
When you join University of Maryland’s Academic Emergency Medicine Department, you can expect:
• A very competitive annual salary including bonus eligibility
• Relocation reimbursement
• Medical, dental and vision insurance
• Paid malpractice insurance
• Retirement plan 401(k) with employer match
• Annual stipend for CME, licenses, dues to professional organizations, etc.
• Tax-free tuition reimbursement
• Generous paid vacation, sick time, holidays and personal days
• An academic appointment with the University of Maryland School of Medicine
• Loan forgiveness consultations available
If you are interested in joining our department, please email your CV to Pearce Coe at Pcoe@som.umaryland.edu
The University of Maryland, Baltimore is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Expected rank is Assistant Professor or higher, however, rank and tenure status is dependent on candidate's qualifications.